Wednesday 24 June 2009

Revelation Burning

I've been 'told off' (!) for not adding to my blog recently - so here I am trying to add something (or two or three things) now! Of course - it's easy to add things to a blog when you are not working on any projects, but when you are eager to get on with things, it is not so simple.

Anyway - the weekend before the start of the summer term, I attended a workshop held at Step-by-Step at South Molton, held by Jennifer Trollope - http://www.jennifertrollope.com/ . It was great! We used a kimono panel, acrylic felt, acrylic shot organza (two layers), a soldering iron, some cotton, cotton thread, and wadding. Having layered the felt, organza and panel, we then decided which elements to emphasize and satin stitched around them. Once happy with the design being created, we burned out the enclosed sections - creating a unique piece of work, from a pre-printed panel. Here is the first of the kimonos I have created:

This is the piece that I started during the workshop. I have another workshop this weekend, at the same place, also run by Jennifer Trollope. This weekend is Twisted Tiffany Boxes.


After the last workshop, I bought a number of other kimono panels, and have almost finished the second panel. However, after the workshop I also looked for other fabric that I could use the revelation burning technique on. I found some other panels - and here they are:

No comments: