Sunday 5 July 2009

Twisted Tiffany Box

Today's project is another one using the revelation burning technique. I did a workshop last week at Step by Step, by Jennifer Trollope, to create the box; I finished it today. http://www.stepbystep-quilts.co.uk/ is the website for Step by Step, and well worth a look! I think that I will have to play with the pattern a bit - maybe try to enlarge it. It isn't perfect by any means, but it's not bad.
I used an Erté inspired print by the Woodrow Studios as the fabric, and three layers of organza. I used vermicelli quilting in gold thread on the 'ears' of the box, and red thread in sort of vermicelli - but with some sharp points too, to emphasise the shapes I had burned out. I added some beads as well - I think I should have added the beads later - some of them broke when doing the outside edge.

The only things I have to do now, is decide which project to do next!

No comments: