Sunday 2 November 2008

Happy in my room!

Happy in my sewing room - a place where I can get creative - and for those of you who haven't looked at the Westdene Changes site, here it is again. It looks a bit different now, as I have the quilting frame at the end where the TV is in the photo. Yes, this is a room just for me, where I can indluge myself in fabric - and frequently do!

Sew (I like that - sometimes I think I'm so clever!), you want to know what I've been up to recently. Well, I've spent an obscene amount of time over the past two days looking at facebook. But in the mean time, I have made a quilt for my cousin's baby, I've finished a bag - one that I started in February - did a course at Step by Step - it was a course called Strip and Flip. I've also made placemats and a table runner, and have started cutting pieces for advent calendars, and looked for the fabric to make Christmas stockings. This photo shows the quilt I made for Thomas - my cousin's baby. I pieced it while we were still in the flat, and decided on pastel colours as I didn't have any other fabric in the flat that I thought was suitable. The pattern is probably one that people will recognise, as I have made several other quilts in the same pattern. I had a couple of charm packs in the falt with me, so I used them for the quilt. I had a jelly roll that I used, and I just had to cut the strips to the right size - decided by the size of the inner blocks. I made it more or less an 'I Spy' quilt - one to help learning. Oh dear - that must be the teacher coming out in me. I quilted the quilt using the quilting frame, which was great fun. I've got several others that need to be quilted, but I feel that I must dye the backing fabric first. I will have to take some more photos of other projects so that I can show them off as well. That will be all for the moment - I have to cook tea, and get some sewing done too.

No comments: